View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #1485
JDowns
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulyses View Post
John! Good to hear from you! I'll confess, I haven't been keeping track of your RR. Are you storing your bike and heading home for a while?

I may be in Oregon this summer. If so, we'll have to meet up!
Hey Bryce,

Forget my ride report. Yours is much more interesting reading at this point. I am just hanging in Medellin fixing up Al's Shamrock pub. Painting, hanging pictures, putting in a security system with video cams, that sort of thing in exchange for room and board. It means I can stay in South America for a while longer.

And yes, I'm storing my bike down here and heading back to the States in a while and heading back down for more next fall. Have to go earn some pesos back where the wages are high.

I'll be in Oregon this summer and will stay tuned to see where you land.

I of all people can relate to what you've been through the last few months. You're doing a great job on the ride report. Kudos. Keep up the good work. See you down the road.

Oh, and the hell with penguinos. Better wildlife in Buenos Aires. I say head north and learn some Tango. You can always sell the XR to another traveler and do the photoshop title switch going over on the ferry to Uruguay. Cheaper than sending a beat Honda back to the states methinks. Or park it in Uruguay for a year. They give you 12 months on the TVIP over there. You might want to come back for more. Or not.

Saludos,
Tio Juanito