View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #97
Krime OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Hope you've all enjoyed the ride. Looking back on the trip, I thought I'd put together a list of the top things I learned from this experience:

- My heart is still in the Alps, and I have to go back and get it.

- I loved the Stelvio pass, but I LOVED (even more) the unexpected passes noone was talking about.

- When you're on a trip like this, don't worry too much about the weather - Going into it I was worried about the rain… by the end of it I realized it made the experience that much more memorable.

- You don't feel the cold the same way when you're having fun.

- In terms of a vacation, it's demanding at times with not much downtime for rest, but the rewards are far greater than any traditional vacation.

- You can't put a dollar amount on this kind of experience - rentals… accommodations... food… Switzerland… Sure it adds up quick, but you never look back in regret of having spent too much money on an adventure like this. Well, at least I didn't.

- The people you meet and the stories shared along the way make for incredible memories.

Ron and I in La-Roche-en-Ardenne on Day 9

- Traveling alone is awesome in its own right, but being able to share the experience with someone was amazing. I'm a lucky guy to have a women that gets just about as excited as I do when doing a bike adventure like this.
Krime is offline   Reply With Quote