View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #154
Kokopelli OP
Yeah, right!

Oddometer: 4,566
My usual commute involves up to 6 km of lane splitting. I usually try to restrain myself, but still move at a reasonable clip. However, there are people out there who go a lot faster. I let them pass if it's convenient, otherwise they have to follow me for a while. One guy passed me just as I was pulling into the lane to let him pass, I also indicated. He went around me on the left and then pulled back into the gap. I don't like it when other people mess with my health and safety.

When I see them go, I wonder why they are in such a hurry. It doesn't take much for things to go pear shaped. If you do this everyday, the law of averages will get you eventually.

This morning, traffic was stopped before I got onto the motorway. It makes lane splitting a lot easier. Unfortunately, the reason for the delay was a fellow motorcyclist. People were looking after him and his black sport bike was parked on the side of the road. I hope he is all right and that his jeans worked for him.

I guess after this I'll cut back one more notch. The 1150 is not a skinny cat. I can't wait for them to finish the bridge construction on my regular route. Better to be an old rider and leave the fast lane splitting to bold riders.
Kokopelli is offline   Reply With Quote