View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 02:05 AM   #768
mramosc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by guavadude View Post
The SW Motech guards are nowhere near your knees. Yes they protect the engine and upper faux tank plastic. They are easy to put on and are heavy duty. One major perk is that they stick out just far enough that I can rest my legs on them cruiser style without the need for highway pegs! They've saved the bike from being totaled so well worth the investment. Personally if I ever buy a new bike they will be the first thing I put on before I put gas in the tank.

I haven't seen the need for a beefier bash plate from the stock one that came on my '09. I ride with Anakee or Tourance tires so I'm not grinding away on boulders. If you are planning on going to full knobbies and are in hardcore terrain then yeah, beef everything up. The stock plate is fine for gravel roads.

If you haven't dropped the bike yet, chances are you will. The SWM engine guards let you pick it right back up. Also makes picking it up easier because it doesn't go all the way down.

I also highly recommend the new SW Motech pegs. They have removable rubber inserts for highway and are SO much better than stock. Wish I had done that long ago.
Thanks for the info.
I will definatelly need them, I already dropped my bike once, and I "plan" to drop it a lot of more times
I realize now that the crashbars I had seen in pictures, were a different version. Also SW-Motech but made (or targeted) for g650gs 2011 and newer. But well "dunc59" also posted some info and pictures for that version of bars.
They both look beffy, so assuming that both versions fit a 2012, now I gotta decide which one looks better.

mramosc is offline   Reply With Quote