Old 03-22-2013, 06:10 AM   #16971
Sam il Cinghio
dirty noob

Oddometer: 56
I'll try to reply to your questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris Packard View Post
Can a Bonneville T100 set up with better shocks
Of course, without problem you can change the 340mm Bonnie rear shock with 360mm Scrambler shocks (or better like Ohlins and many others); you can also mount the Scrambler inner tube on Bonnie outer tube, and adopt better springs .
But… besides the (poor) performances of standard Triumph suspensions, you must consider that ground clearance and particularly travel suspensions are inadequate to a REAL and intensive use on off-road.

Quote:
and converted to the high pipes
Yes with 2to1 Arrow, Zard and others…

Quote:
I figure if I change the front sprocket to a 17T, or even a 16T, that I can get about the same felt torque as what the 270 degree crank motor puts out..
Whitout changing the engine with a 270 degree, you’ll never obtain the scrambler torque.
However, in my opinion Bonnie torque it is yet adequate, anyway you can try with a 17T front sprocket (I think 16T it’s too much little... in this case I suggest to change the rear sprocket)

Quote:
Because a Bonneville uses 1" handle bars it was difficult to locate a motocross bar that would fit but found these: http://www.biltwellinc.com/index.php...t_detail&p=185
Ok… you can:
- Mount a 1’’ (25mm) handlebar
- Mount a 28,5mm handlebar changing the risers
- Mount a 28,5mm handlebar modifyng the Triumph risers (look mine)

Quote:
I was also planing on putting an Arrow 2:1 on it and know that I need to get the bracket and right side cover for that modification.
No problem for the bracket (for example the 2to1Zard it’s complete of his bracket); concerning the right cover you can cut the Bonnie right cover (look mine)

That's all, I think ;)
Sam il Cinghio is offline   Reply With Quote