View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #247
dean10 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Blumenau to Barra da Lagoa, Thursday, 21 March 2013, Day 261

What a difference a day makes![/caption]

Weather forecast is rain but when I wake up the sun has come out. What a difference a day makes had a gorgeous day on the bike if they are going to be like this then Philly may just stay a bit longer :-) (Talk about mood swings!)

Had breakfast on the balcony packed Daisy one of my panniers is leaking chronically not surprised as there a huge hole where I have bumped them against the scenery on one to many occasion. This is pannier with my bike stuff in so not accessed that often but had a look today and as it been wet and damp for a while a pair of gloves had gone mouldy as well as my hiking boots which I have carried for nearly the whole trip and never worn! So next stop need to have a look at this and do some cleaning and repairs.

Breakfast Views Nice![/caption]

Brigite lady from the hostel wants a photo for her Facebook page funny old bird goes from being the nicest person and great hostess one minute to complete unpleasant and surely person in the next minute I thought I had mood swings well this lady has them to difference is she is in the hospitality business I am not one of the reason why I do not fancy staying another night.

Moody and Moody and Daisy![/caption]

Heading to Florianopolis and the beaches there but doing a loop inland rather than going straight there which turned out to be an inspired call as it was a wonderful run through the countryside did not rain all day and the sun was shining. GPS was playing up and got me down some dirt tracks but the scenery was gorgeous and only for some short bits as I had not really planned this bit that I was worried that maybe it would all be dirt but the road where good with sweeping bend after long sweeping bend all day long and the surface not that bad either making for good riding conditions.

Hit Florianopolis at about 5 could have kept going as I was enjoying myself so much and found a nice and empty HI Hostel in Barra da Lagoa where I will be for the next couple of days to work on Phillys relaxing and slowing down skills

Philly’s gone Surfing! Back in a couple of Days :-)

dean10 screwed with this post 03-22-2013 at 09:35 AM
dean10 is offline   Reply With Quote