View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #13
2on2off OP
Head'n somewhere new

Oddometer: 1,229
Diana's Punch Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Ho View Post
Looks like a great route. I did a ride in the Austin/ Eureka area a few years ago, Nevada is awesome. Looks like you may pass by Martha's punchbowel ( I think that is the name) I am in Beatty Nv. right now, but am heading south. Have a great ride.
I have two routes for Sunday. One takes us to Belmont, Manhattan and then Ophir but we don't know if we can get over that 10,000 ft pass this early in the years.

So I have created another route to Manhattan, Belmont, Diana's Punchbowl, Spencer Hot Springs and then into Austin for gas and lunch. That will be about 150 miles before we get gas.

Then down Reese River Valley to Ione Summit to Berlin and then back to Tonopah. That will be another 150 before we get gas. A long 300 mile day but I think we can do it as everyone in the group is a good rider and we can make good time. This won't allow for any long stops along the way.

I consider this a "scouting" trip so we can find out where some of the areas are we want to come back to. The three days of riding will be about a total of 700 or so miles assuming no mechanical issues or surprises.

It is going to be a cold ride.......