View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 12:25 AM   #1138
3Rrr
Read Ride Reflect recycle

Oddometer: 180
Thumb Like Gold, but costs less

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeOfAllTrades View Post
Eagerly awaiting your feedback, I'm very close to ordering one!
Do it. You will not be sorry.

After a few days of various riding environments I have found the Mirage2 to be very effective. It offered great protection from the elements while driving through 25'F in my non-insulated gear with just a t-shirt on. Quiet ride with little to no buffeting going 80 Mph on the Interstate. They redesigned the windscreen part of the combo which I have not installed yet. I am 6'3", 35" inseam. I use a standard seat with an Airhawk2 so I am raised up slightly. I did notice that if I slouched a bit it was even quieter. All that said, I put the visor up on my helmet w/o sunglasses and my eyes were not the least bit "teary".

Also used my dual-sport helmet with the visor and it too performed well with the Mirage. While off-road I dropped the screen to the bottom position. This gave me lots of air on the body - much needed for some of our warmer temps, and intense rides.

Also, the benefit of having a mount for the GPS at the top of the instrument cluster will be great. Just need to figure out how I want to mount it so that I can tilt it up at the bottom of the GPS for the stand-up riding.

Ian from Britannia has exceptional customer service. Took about 3 days to get it to my door in AZ from British Columbia, Canada. Not bad, eh?
11Husqvarna TE 449
3Rrr is offline   Reply With Quote