Although I have been absent. I have been busy.
I've cleaned and primed many parts.
Today I ran up to the machine shop and picked up some finished parts. This is better than Christmas.
Cylinders were bored for .040 oversized pistons. This was necessary for rust and pitting from formerly stuck rings.
The heads got new guides, valves. The left heads on both engines had damaged spark plug holes. The machinist took the best one and had a friend weld the hole shut, then recut the hole and put in an insert. It turned out pretty nice.
New pistons and rings, of course. The crank was just polished and the connecting rods had the threads repaired.
I need to buy new main bearings, rod bearings and a gasket set and I'll put it back together. Oh, I scrubbed, washed, boiled the case halves, but I'm going to paint on glyptal.
This may be all the work I do on it for a while. I have to get the engine together and well oiled, but I also have the engines apart in my V-strom and CT70.
Just putting pictures on now and thought it'd be a great idea to organize my pictures, that messed up the links.......boy am I an idiot.