I spent a few hours cleaning up the ignition parts. I took some real fine sand paper and cleaned off the magnets real good and decided to you may have guessed..........try the soda blaster on the flywheel. It worked real well. I then took it too my wire wheel to clean up what wouldn't come off. It looks pretty good.
I figured I might as well try the soda on the stator itself as what the hell, it ran before, so what can I really mess up. It took off alot of it and I ended up taking all of the old silicone off and replaceing it with new and had to repair the wiring in a couple of places. For some reason the pictures make it still look tarnished but it must be shadows as it is real clean.