View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #380
RexBuck OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
Steve! Wow, that's high! 16002' Now you can tell everyone you went to Peru to get high!
It's amazing how cold it can be so near the equator. Hope you're heading for the costa.

Okay, I'll bite. Why were you walking down a 20 foot embankment?

I don't understand getting on and off the right side of the bike. Yours has the kickstand on the left, correct? (I put 'right' but that looked confusing). It's always harder to get on and off on the side opposite the kickstand plus it presents the problem you experienced. You can't pull the bike over getting off if you're on the side of the kickstand.

Way to stand your ground on the change for the entrance fee. I'm sure it's a game to see if you'll roll your eyes and say keep the change. The more people do that, the more they'll expect it.

Thanks again for the great stories. And it goes without saying, the great pictures. It looks like about a two week gap between the day of the events and the day posted, so I have to wonder, are you back home writing the final installments?
OK, going down the embankment . . . um, looking for gold?

Getting on and off the bike. Yah, sidestand on the left - never seen one on the right. I've always found it easier to mount/dismount from the right - much easier, particularly with a load on the back. While you can pull the bike over with a right side dismount, you can push it over with a left side mount. Moto cops used to always do the right side - don't know if they still do or not.

Still on the road things are winding down. You can see my current position on my SPOT map in the last post. Won't be home for another 3 weeks or so.
www.rexbuck.com - RexBuck's Latin America
RexBuck is online now   Reply With Quote