View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #2197
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,638
I'm having a blast here in Medellin after five months on the road. As my funds have dwindled, it is a perfect exchange to fix things around the Shamrock here for Al in exchange for a free place to stay. As well as paint his apartment. Had a fun day today figuring out how to hook up a remote security camera system. As well as visiting the local home improvement center with Al and picking up paint and supplies for decorating his new apartment. I can't post photos of people's private homes as that would be tacky. You'll just have to imagine a beautiful minimalist two bedroom apartment on the tenth floor of a high rise in the nice part of Medellin up the hill from here with floor to ceiling glass doors that slide open to a small balcony with a killer view overlooking the city and the mountains off in the distance. Really nice new place he has here. Quiet, well built, nicely appointed. I'm going to make his new apartment look like a million dollars this week.

It looks like I will be able to park the Sherpa in his garage for six months until I can return next fall. So I have no problem helping him out. This means I can stay here in Medellin for another three weeks and take day rides around the hills. Although I will have to ride solo, since there's no way I could ever keep up with Al on his Super Moto 990:

or his 1974 bitchin' Norton 850 Comando. That 990 motor with the Akropovic exhaust sounds SWEET when he rides up in the mornings. You can hear it a couple blocks away. Since Al was a dispatch rider in his earlier years, I tremble at the thought of trying to keep up with him on the back roads of Colombia. Al is a great guy. I highly recommend visiting his place here in Medellin if you're in the neighborhood. It's like family here.

I fixed the washing machine today for Blanca the cleaning lady and she loves me now. Finished hanging the dart board and various cool pics in the game room yesterday:

I think I've hammer drilled a couple hundred holes in the masonry walls in the last two days to hang dozens of pics and posters here. It's really fun hanging out here and beautifying the place.

Saludos,
Juan Decoradora

JDowns screwed with this post 03-23-2013 at 04:48 PM
JDowns is offline   Reply With Quote