View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
rodmuzwa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
The Exile's and Muzza's great Western Australia Adventures.

Some of you will know I have posted several times on here relating to different rides in various parts of South West WA. I have however been inspired by Matt 82 and his chronicles in the fantastic thread "Scotland at 45mph." So, I have decided that instead of writing a new thread for each ride we take I will copy his method and simply add to this thread from now on. It seems to be the thing to do.

A little bit of background to us. I met Brian(Exile730) last year. I had been transfered with my work and took on a new role which brought me into contact with Brian on a regular basis. We got to know each other and Brian regularly waxed lyrical about his love of bikes. I was the proud owner of a WeeStrom but only ever used the bike for commuting to and from work. We arranged to meet up for a ride together and the rest is history. Since then we became regular riding buddies meeting for day trips most weekends. He introduced me to the wonderful world of farkles and now, like most on here I am obsessed!

Brian is from the West Midlands of England and a bike fanatic. He is the owner of many superb machines including several classic Kwaka Z1000s, A BMW 1150GSA and the Mighty DR650. He is a big lad but very much a gentle giant. Easy to get on with and a very skilled rider. His knowledge and enthusiasm for riding are phenomenal and he is very patient with me as I have very limited ability both on and off road, and tend to be the weakest link in terms of where we go and where we ride!

Brian's G-spot:
 photo IMG_1475.jpg

I am from the North of Scotland and the proud owner of a 2009 Wee and only last week a brand new KLR 650. How I managed to convince the lovely Mrs Muz into that one I'll never know but I am certainly not complaining.

My Wee:
 photo IMG_1474.jpg

The Mighty DR and my new Big K:
 photo IMG_1839_zpsa378cf68.jpg

Anyway, enough rambling about all that crap. This blog/thread will be about our stories and adventures as we aim to conquer Western Australia, the largest state in the world, bit by little bit. It will be tough going at times, sometimes the toughest bit is getting a leave pass from family duties, but we will get there I am sure. We both live in the South West of Australia so most of our rides will be down this neck of the woods but with a bit of luck and some very careful negotiation with our better halves we might just get to go further afield on occasion. Remember folks this state is enormous, a 3-4 day ride from south to north and 2 days at least west to east, with lots of unfriendly desert in between, so it might take us a while!

rodmuzwa screwed with this post 03-23-2013 at 09:24 PM
rodmuzwa is offline   Reply With Quote