View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #61
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
I also rode 120 miles to look at the HD200, and found out about the RV200. No contest for me, if I were to buy a SYM, it would definitely be the RV200. The HD200 just has that Kymco People/Honda SH150i big wheeled look about it that I don't like in scooters. Part of my definition of a scooter is "small wheels"

Well that opinion changed. I definitely like the RV200 better, but the dealer 120 miles away wants $4199 OTD for one, and there is a local dealer 10 miles away that went back to being a SYM dealer (basically both dealers told me they were going to "give SYM a chance" and see what happened) Neither could promise future support. But the local dealer has a few brand new HD200s in stock, and is selling them for $3399 OTD. He was also interested in taking my '08 Vino 125 as a trade, while the high priced dealer doesn't take trades. He didn't offer much, but it got the OTD price down below $3000, and gives me room to park another scooter. They are closed for the next 2 days, so I have time to think it over, but $3000 is not enough to be really concerned about, and I have seriously been wanting a freeway legal scooter. The fact that it has a carb is another big plus to me, I can work on it. On the other hand is the possible parts availability issue.

I saw a 1500 Goldwing hanging off the back of a motor home in Gila Bend, AZ. Must have taken a forklift to get it up there.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote