Thread: KLR250 thread
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #1002
doogiepooch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 865
Anybody know this guy? This was taken in July in Montana, just occured to me to toss it up in the KLR250 area. We were 2 western US newbs that didn't know gas could be 100 miles apart in Montana. This guy saved our bacon and kept us from walking. Said he was from Michigan and was riding out to spend a month with a buddy in Montana. Super intersting guy indeed. That pack at his back tire he was wearing on his back while riding and it was 40+ pounds. Said his son had bought the KLR and said it was to slow so he'd ended up with it. You could spend 30 minutes just looking at all the simple solutions he'd adapted to this bike from household items. I think we both gave him around $20 each for a gallon of gas, because we were so tickled to see him. A gallon in my cousins Versys and one in my 650 KLR. In our defense there were signs advertising gas when we needed it but we got off the exit and the station was closed down for good. At that point the next fuel was like 50 miles away and we were on fumes.
doogiepooch is offline   Reply With Quote