View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #65
blugg1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 324
Thanks, Jerry. I thought it might be Scoot Over. I've been there. Last year I test rode a People 150 but decided it didn't have enough beans for Bisbee's steep hills.

Cosmetically it's a classy store, jammed full of scooters, very clean, and locals tell me the mechanic is a good one. I think it's owned by two women. When I was certain I was going to buy the HD 200 last week I called them and asked what the price was on a used 2012. Both Kelly and N.A.D.A. just list the MSRP ($3499), but the woman said that if they had it, it would be priced at $2950. When I told her I'd paid $2100 she exclaimed, "Oh my God, you stole it!" I can't comment on their pricing as when I visited I had no standard of comparison, but from what you said, about their prices it's probably because they haven't any competition in Tucson.

However, there's a rule of thumb here in Cochise County. If a new car is priced at $20,000 in Sierra Vista, the same car will be $19,000 in Tucson and $18,000 in Phoenix. That generally holds more or less true.

They also sell Royal Enfield motorcycles and had about half a dozen lined up against one wall.

Midnullarbor, thanks for the comparison of the Buddy and the Sym. The Buddy's 10" wheels would be a deal-breaker for me.
blugg1 is offline   Reply With Quote