View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #38
fredgilb OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
Off I went charging into the blackest night. Tentative at first since I had stupidly aimed my lights too low. I realized that they were much better if I accelerated really hard. Hey, now there's the incentive I need! Once the course started zig-zaging around hairpins it got easier. Just pin it and wait till you see the pads with the arrows and you know where the next hairpin is. Am I crazy or what? Verdict is still out on that one. I'm vaguely aware of cheering spectators which I must admit I found motivating. I'm still in one piece at the finish, we have a wild descent off the mountain then have to navigate back to the paddock village.

We pass through Toulon which seems like a pleasant city that still has a languid summer feel to it. I can now take in the views which are spectacular. What a night! Tomorrow is the last day. Every one is feeling like we can take anything at this point.....bring it on! I had to marvel at some of the lighting set-ups I saw. I thought I was prepared but I had to laugh after seeing some of the setups that could light a stadium with banks of LED's.

We're back!

fredgilb screwed with this post 04-15-2013 at 09:47 PM
fredgilb is offline   Reply With Quote