VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by xy500 View Post
Was that me or you?
LOL
Name one thing i actually got wrong?
I said TO ME it is not a race bike, a far faster 'race bike with a plate' would be a wr300. The TE511 has numerous road going features superfluous to an enduro racer.
Nowhere did i say KTM 525's are unreliable, i mentioned they were less reliable in my experience compared to some other bikes. You're missing the crux of the matter - i don't like KTM's so why would i buy one?

Look mate, either find something constructive to say - or go shit in someone elses thread.
I get the point you are making for sure. If i wanted a bike I could ride on the trail, do some dual sporting, or race more technical stuff without the desire to be competitive I'd pick a 511 or a 525 as well. If I wanted a serious race machine and the rest would be superfluous It'd be a 300 two-stroke or a 3X0 four stroke. There is a night and day handling difference between those bikes and trail bikes which are often touted as "race bikes" because of their high performance basis. It's like saying a Porsche Carrera is a race car because it's fast and costs a lot to keep running, a GT3, on the other hand, would make a fool out of it on the track because it is an actual race car.

I wouldn't pick a 511 for a dual sport because of the gearbox, but I also wouldn't pick it to race anything but wide open desert either.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is online now   Reply With Quote