View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #9
camitzi OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
Crossing the Mexican border

Today we woke up at 6:30 am, to leave early for the border. Our friends Traian and Razvan came to Palm Springs (at 7 am sharp!) to meet us, so we can cross the border together and spend a few days with us.

Around noon, we were at the Mexican border. I didn't even have to stop, they just made me sign to keep going ("Ande, ande"). I did not have to take my helmet off (can you believe that! that's what I hate the most each time I cross the border on my motorbike), I did not even have to show them my passport! We passed the border in less than a minute, which was great.

Then we crossed through the desert heading to San Felipe, where we planned to stay for the night. Incredibly hot! I cannot believe I got to miss the rain in Vancouver! After a few hours of riding through the scorching desert, I was quite ready for a cold shower and a good beer.

And yes, we got to San Felipe, and we found the beer place, a little shop on the seawall!

We asked the locals about a good "campo", and they recommended us Kiki's, on the beach. Went there, liked it, decided to stay.

We pitched the tents in a palapa (except Traian and Razvan, they had their tent on top of their truck), we had a great dinner, and now we are having a good time and XX beer with our friends

I am loving it! Hopefully soon we can convince Traian to get the guitar and play some good songs.

camitzi screwed with this post 03-06-2014 at 10:19 PM
camitzi is offline   Reply With Quote