View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #12
divaha
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
We had a great time at Albania Rally 2012. Actually I have got to many nice stories and impressions to put in one post; this is something you have to experience yourself. Maybe some picture explain it best.

The start was in the city center of capital town Tirana. Very professionally organized with a lot of spectators and a Prologue on day 1 at the beach.

Typical roads you see the whole week.

In the bivouacs people stayed in several hotels or in tents of them own, some hotels were pretty good.

If you want to ride a cheap rally in an incredible beautiful country which changes landscape every 30 minutes you have to go to Albania.

It's lovely to cool of your balls with ice water as the whole week it was 33 Celsius!

Rest day was at the beach which was very relaxing. The island at the back of the EAO truck is Corfu in Greece.

The road books a top notch; on roll, in color, 5 different languages and faultless, best I and many others have ever seen. I got my personal drama at finish day but ty-ripped the bike to the finish.

Typical Albanian roads on our way back to Tirana.

Winners podium with big celebration party in a garden of the hotel where scrutenering and finish were.

Team EAO.

Many of the riders who competed in several rallies told me this was the toughest amateur rally they competed in. For me a Kingstage in Tuareg is harder but there were 3 stages of +/-450km where you have to spread your energy over a long day. A special of 138km was there as well which the stage winner did in 5 hours!!! A lot of this year competitors will go next year again and this counts for me the same.

This year the rally will go through 3 countries!

EAO provides service to everybody who needs during the rally, just contact Martin Fontyn for your needs. www.eaob.eu

This movie gives a good overview of all days during the 2012 rally.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP592ZSaE14
divaha is offline   Reply With Quote