View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #483
HighFive OP
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,710
Time to get back to some Terra-bizness. Work has swamped me with far away travels lately. I'm looking forward to some "Me" time…..and a bit warmer weather would not be unwelcome. After a warmer than normal winter, we've had some nasty Oklahoma windy cold conditions. It even snowed a little bit here today.

After much riding and further thought, I just couldn't stand it any longer. I wanted black handlebars on my Terra! It just seems sooooo right.

Besides, I really needed to put the Beemer bars back on my F800GS. It was pretty pathetic looking for 3 months with no handlebars on it. Not to mention, its been rather challenging to ride.

I love Pro Taper Evo bars, and I chose the Woods High bend, which is the tallest height & most pullback in their lineup, I think. Sounds like a lot, but its not. Their models are fairly close in measurements….the differences are small. Even so, the Terra, for me, needed some lift.

This bar along with the Motosportz tall risers feels perfect to me now. The F800GS bars were a bit tall (with the MZ Riser) and had too much pullback for the Terra. I like it….a relaxed & comfortable feel, but the Evo feels even better. It has a more neutral (parallel to the ground) bar end at the grips. All the Evos are like this….a flat, level, bar-end. Many after-market handlebars have more up-sweep at the bar end. I don't get along well with that design. It makes my elbows sore. Just me, maybe.

I also FINALLY started my fabrication work for my bag racks. Here is the first part I schemed up.

I'll let you stew on it a while…..figure out what its for. Took me better part of the day to fashion using a hacksaw, grinder, & welder. If I had a plasma cutter & a bender, it might have taken one whole hour…..maybe less. Add it to My List.

At least, my welds are getting better:

Little by little…

HF

p.s. Rugged Exposure's Mexican Border Road - Ride Report has begun. Hump it on over to the RR forum and jump on board, if you haven't yet. Its quite a ride.
Athena Big Bore Project

HighFive screwed with this post 03-24-2013 at 07:51 PM
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote