Thread: Small batteries
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #23
Plaka
Brevis illi vita est

Oddometer: 4,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre170 View Post
Yeah, I've considered hiding mine under the seat like that. My only hesitation, is that my cafe project had one requirement. The ability with not too much work to swap my solo seat back to the stock two person seat so my wife can ride with. If I hid the battery under the seat like that, I'd have to move the battery back to stock location when the 2 person seat is needed. Seeing that I will likely not ride with a passenger but 1 to 2 times a year, moving the battery wouldn't be too much of a pain if needed.

I'm curious....why did Cafebeemer make that battery pan with the "Z" bend? Is there a reason he didn't/couldn't use a flat piece of metal and mount the battery on that???
Tire clearance with the suspension fully compressed.

You can leave the battery location stock, use ordinary and far less costly batteries, and then wrap the thing instead of leaving it in a skeleton frame. You need cooling but a full box with interesting hole patterns could look good and it's strait up to fabricate. in fact, you could do some very interesting hole patterns.
Plaka is offline   Reply With Quote