View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 04:58 AM   #21
Mtl_Biker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOMA Man View Post
I installed the mounts on my 2013 GS yesterday. They attach to the front panel carrier by using two existing bolts per bracket. I'll try to post some additional pictures when I get around to mounting my Denali D2s. Here are a few pics of the right side mounts:
SOMA Man, thanks for the photos!

But you didn't happen to get some shots of the LEFT side as well, did you?

I've installed a Stebel Nautilus Compact air horn on the left side where the original horn was and I don't think it would fit if I installed that bracket.

If I understand correctly, on the left side you had to remove the stock horn (and bolt) as well as the bolt above it, and then bolt it back together with the horn back in place. I would have loved to see some photos showing how much space the bracket takes there. I know the bracket is flat where the bolts go, and that it then goes to being round. The question is for how far does it remain flat?

I was so pleased with my horn installation and I don't think there is any other place it might fit. I'd hate to have to break apart the horn to separate the compressor from the horn part as that's really quite a big job.
#6 2011 BMW K1300GT (sold)
#7 2011 Triumph Tiger 800 (sold)
#8 2013 BMW F800GS Kalamata Metallic
Mtl_Biker is offline   Reply With Quote