View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #6168
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
That's ok, lots of bikers are assholes.

I agree with what you're saying, but then I've never had any crappy gas carb problems yet. I have never used any stabilizer and have let some of my tools & toys sit months, maybe over a year with my weed eater and maybe chainsaw. I think 2 stokes are easier maybe since it's mixed gas?

I keep "crossing my fingers" when I read these threads, figuring I'm on borrowed time and sooner or later my luck's going to run out.....Til then I'll continue my slack'er ways. I figure that they won't all clog up at the same time, but wouldn't it really suck if they did??!!

I'm another one who only uses premium fuel (without ethanol - Shell V-Power) in all my gas engines (Honda string trimmer, 2 Honda mowers, 4 fuel-injected motorcycles, and 2 four-stroke carbureted dirtbikes) over the past 5 years, with no additives while stored for the winter. I've yet to see a problem with any of them. Just fill them up when I put them away. They all run great. Now, of course, my personal anecdotal account should never pass for sound scientific evidence (the plural of anecdote is not data) - but I'm still curious to see how this informal exercise turns out in the long-term.

Mike

Nanabijou screwed with this post 03-25-2013 at 08:02 AM
Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote