View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #7536
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedz View Post
i have the SW motech engine guards and can access the battery with no problems. you do have to squeeze the plastic radiator guard/trim pieces to get around the bars but it is completely manageable.
I have them as well and the side panels are truly a pain to insert... I ended up filing the top tab on each side down to fit in the slot easier and still cracked one. If it was something I took off a lot then I'm not sure what I'd say about how easy they are to deal with personally. But overall worth the protection you get as they are very strong and the radiator is a weak spot (or just don't go down, that is my motto and I slow down or skip obstacles as needed . YMMV).

BTW, Scheff makes a skid plate already cut out perfectly so these will fit. I planned ahead and bought that version and didn't buy the SW-M guards until 2 years later for a Baja trip.

Gee now we got a little conversation going - even Niedz is "back" ! WooHoo! can you believe this Leafman (you are our best cheering section of late!).

4Rider I hope you do that trip!

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!

snooker screwed with this post 03-25-2013 at 10:07 AM
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote