Thread: Tailgating
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #211
Offcamber
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin44 View Post
I was with you until I read this. Why in hell would you even consider accelerating??!! You really want to maybe kill the pickup driver, his passengers, the oncoming truck because you don't like the way the guy drives? Wow. I thinks you need to learn to chill. Or don't drive. One or the other.

Reading Wraith's comments reminds me of an exhibit at the Science Centre here about 30 years ago. It was set up with a steering wheel, brake and gas pedals and two lights in front of you - one red, one green. When the green light was on, you applied gas. When the red lit up you hit the brakes as fast as you could. The resulting time was displayed. Almost NO ONE ever got below one second. Lots of young hot shots thought they'd have no problem. That exhibit was only dealing with reaction time - time to perceive and time to move foot. Even if you make the one second reaction you are still stuck with being one second behind in brake application. Oh well, another internet "discussion" where no opinions ever get alterred, regardless of how misguided.
I didn't accelerate...I'm not out to kill anyone....I was "chilled" as you say, you missed what I' saying...if I wanted to be an asshole I could have accelerated.. I let the douche bag go....he was the one driving dangerously not me. I think you need to understand whats being said and judge a little less....