View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #61
Sting32 OP
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyc21 View Post
In 2002 and newer I though they all went to the newer motor? Seeing the older motor makes me think that bike is a 99 or 01.

Example of a 2002

His looks like this 2001
Just for clarification (in USA, at least) Before 2002 gasgas produced the bike named "TXT" In 2002, they then introduced the "TXT PRO"... Pro designated the new engine, and other weight savings design. But, they still produced (or imported, as it were) the "TXT" as far as 2003 maybe even 2004. I have a friend that had the 03 "plain TXT" 280.

I have had several friends that have the 02 "TXT PRO," aka again commonly refered to or called by just "{year}" & "PRO." FWIW, in 03, there was a big change in the seat plastics, which is also the airbox, and it was a retrofit update, known as 03 airbox update. That is all I "know."

I don't know what it cost back then to get the update, I assume it was free with exchange, but I DON'T know this. I definitely have no idea what it would cost now, I read here or Thumper Talk, where someone found a "new in crate 02 pro, just in the past few months it seems? and bought it, that is what brings to mind about the seat/airbox "update" that most got back in the day.

Most all the bikes I have seen (again 02 pro) have the update, I couldn't tell if I have ever seen the non updated ones. My Buddy "Spinner" from Kansas knows, I don't. So I rely on his knowledge.

Now you know, what I know.
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote