View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #73
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 8,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
If you're buying wolfman racks and ride off pavement, then I would get one or the other of their bag sets.

That said, they are not secure. If you really think someone is going to slash them to access the contents, and you need bags for commuting, then consider a set of Seahorse cases with padlocks for your commute - about $150 with mounting hardware. Then you would, in my opinion, have the best of all worlds.
While I would agree with your assessment, you know that a determined 10 year old can breech the security of damn near ANY bag, hard or soft, I trust.

The hard bags may offer an illustion of security, and it may slow down casual theives slightly more than a pac-safe protected soft bag would, slinging terms like secure as if they were absolutley is, perhaps, misleeading (Note Bene, I am not slagging anyone here, just pointing out an alternate view on the use of hard/soft bags).
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance. T.R.
bomber60015 is offline   Reply With Quote