View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #26
Moss
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by squawk77 View Post
Thanks John933 and Fishnbiker

I'll be in Spain tomorrow so I'll look over this again before I get to Morocco. It's been a cold few days but it would have been much worse if I wasn't ready to leave ASAP. It snowed in Germany behind me but in the morning it was still 1-3 and wet in France and in the afternoon a much better 7-12 degrees.

I did read most of morocco-knowledgebase.net .... his level 2 off-road routes are exactly what I was looking for, but he basically just posts teasers on there to buy a book that doesn't exist? I think he would have done better to have jump-started a crowd sourced morocco-knowledgebase and profited off the ads instead. I'd buy the book if I have time, but nowadays a thriving forum would be perfect for Morocco

I've read WIBO's Morocco thread you linked before as well and many of his great posts on Spain/Morocco while searching old threads (I've read through most of the recent threads on Spain/Morocco) I still need to find this infamous Michelin Map #742 haha

I'm still missing a decent reliable lists of non-technical scenic off road routes.. but I'll wing it! I've downloaded Chris Scott's waypoints and I've watched some youtube clips of the well-known ones anyways. I can't really do anything technical with a loaded F800 alone, just looking for the quiet "off the beaten path" err ok scenic beaten path routes

Thanks again
Hi from norther coast of Spain,
If you make up this far you won't be disappointed. I don't know anything about gravel roads as its never been my thing, but if you don't mind a bit of smooth tarmac and never ending mountain passes and valleys you have come to the right place. If there was one place in particular that I would recommend it would be the Picos De Europa, the scenery is fantastic and loads of places to stay and better still - there's no bloody tourist caravans and cars at this time of year.

The coastal roads are worth doing, the further North west (Galicia) you go the better.Lovely little coastal villages built-up on the local fishing industry. The food and wine in this region is second to none. Word of warning, keep away from the coastal roads at the weekends. They tend to be full of local tourists.

If I can be of any help at any time just PM me.
Good luck on your journey and may the force be with you.
Moss is offline   Reply With Quote