View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #512
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 72,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingby View Post
In a highly tuned organization (any org, not just a racing team) that is focused on the win (or success in general), the boss's word needs to be gold and followed to a T. If there is dissension in the ranks, either of two outcomes need to be followed through on.

Sanction to the dissenting party (IE: Vettel is disciplined)

OR

A Change in leadership needs to happen. (All leaders make mistakes, but the team still need to support those decisions. If the decision is so bad that the team members cannot possibly follow along, that leader needs to go).

This will not end well otherwise.
F1 is so riven with politics that they're all masters of papering over their differences just to stagger on to the next race. The tension on some teams must be unbelievable!

I don't usually advocate violence as a way to resolve disputes. But if Vettel knew that Mark Webber was going to punch him in the face and break his pretty little nose every time he fucked him, I think the golden boy would think twice about screwing Webber over.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is online now   Reply With Quote