View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #169
DougFromKentucky
Old Fart

Oddometer: 383
I am 61 and have been riding since I was 11. I just had my fourth heard attack two weeks ago. I have already been back on our Honda Helix for two short rides and plan on riding my Vstrom to a rally next weekend if I can get it back together in time as I tore the back end off it for some work to it just before my heart attack. The work is done, I just need some days with the temp above 50 to get the work done.

I have thought about quitting riding but I get such great joy from it I don't think I can. I don't really worry about getting killed on my bike but it scares the crap out of me to think that I may get crippled from an accident. Dying doesn't scare me anymore. Hurting does.

I do understand where the OP is coming from. I stopped riding when my wife got pregnant with our son. Started again when he was in Highschool. Felt like a big part of me was not fulfilled during that time I wasn't riding but having my son made it worthwhile. I would do it again.