View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 01:14 AM   #73
GVWR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Coming from the Multi the Adventure R is a much relaxter and smoother ride. I was very curious about the front wheel but I am (very!) positively surprised. It's very easy to corner, and it's very stable in corners. Think a lot of that goes back to the suspension which is really nice and much better than on the Multi. No diving when braking and a pleasure to drive on bad roads. Riding position is not comparable since this is much more upright and the bike is a lot higher. Electronics are pretty intuitive to use, menu structure speaks for itself.

If you are used to the Multi you'll probably be very happy with the possibility for touring in low revs without using the clutch (which is also pleasantly light on the KTM). Gearbox is very smooth. Regarding power and speed I would think Multi and KTM are in the same league. Powerdelivery however is completely different and regarding speed I think it's the wider tyres that would give the Multi an advantage in corners. The power delivery seems to be set up to make the power also usable for off-road, the power can be controlled very well in the lower rev range.

If you like a sportsbike engine and it's power but also like an upright position, touring and off road capabilities I definitely recommend a test drive on the KTM. The Multi is great fun and a better road racing bike in disguise, the KTM is a real adventure touring machine, very well balanced and comfortable with a sports engine. For me it's all an adventure bike should be (the 150 would not even be neccessary but it's a very very nice plus).

GVWR screwed with this post 03-26-2013 at 01:37 AM
GVWR is offline   Reply With Quote