Thread: TT350 Not XT350
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 04:08 AM   #159
Lenz1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
So the stator backing plate with all the generating coils attached is on it's way to Betta Bikes for at least one additional lighting coil, rectifier and DC regulator and I've been working through the LED lighting suppliers for suitable headlights.

The units I'm going to install are an evolution of current light bars with 4 x 10 watt CREE LEDS producing 900 lumens each LED. The units run reflectors that produce light dispersion patterns of "flood", "euro" and "spot". So it's 2 headlight units with the flood as the low beam and either euro or spot combined with flood as the high beam. These lights are a new product for Aussietoughlights - just search LED lighting. The plan is to run these headlights as an "under and over" setup with a shared mid-line mount.

Tomorrow the clutch will be pulled apart and massaged with the thicker 2.00mm steel plate going to the inside of the pack and all steels getting a touch of wet and dry 600 / 800 paper on a 20mm thick steel plate I had ground dead flat some years ago for cleaning up speedway bike clutch plates.

Steel plates are prone to warping when subjected to high load / heat. The steels in my clutch don't appear to have any ugly high spots but a light touch on the "grinding plate" tells the tale.

Lenz1 screwed with this post 03-26-2013 at 04:34 AM
Lenz1 is offline   Reply With Quote