Thread: TT350 Not XT350
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 04:14 AM   #161
Lenz1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Steve is the guy that runs the show at Betta Bikes. He is able to tailor the electrical output to suit the application required by the customer. So if you're looking for as much output as possible at low revs (dropping into a creek bed / waiting at lights etc etc) or higher rev range max output, he can adjust the wiring and circuitry to suit.

In my case since I'm going to LEDs, the rectified and regulated output will be entirely DC and supplemented with a gel based 12V 7Ah battery. The output of my existing large format, single copper wire (> 1mm dia) wound lighting coil will be established and a second coil produced to fill the currently vacant space for a third coil on the backing plate. The new coil will be attached to the backing plate, joined in parallel with the existing lighting coil and the shared output and return wires extended to match the length of the existing magneto wiring harness.

I'm not absolutely certain of the cost of the work for my job but it's around $Au 160 per coil and around $Au 160 for a combined rectifier / DC regulator.
The end result bike will be a highly cost effective , seriously versatile little critter

Lenz1 screwed with this post 03-26-2013 at 06:00 PM
Lenz1 is offline   Reply With Quote