View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #1753
kdennan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBone View Post
Did they come with any sort of rubber insert to reduce the vibration on your feet during long stretches of slab? That's going to be a must for whatever pegs I end up with. I was looking at these...
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-mo...f650gs-twin-08
...but I just noticed they noted that they do not fit the Dakar models. The mounts in the picture look similar to the Sertao's but it's hard to tell. Going to talk to someone at TwistedThrottle/SW-Motech and find out if they'll fit Serts.
The core of the peg looks identical to the stock pegs so I would think the rubber inserts would fit?
I can tell you this; I took the bike down the street today for just a minute and stood on the pegs the whole time. What a big difference! Never going back!

I have only experienced a slight vibration in the pegs around 65mph (something I don't do too often around here) and actually, the bike is still breaking in and I have noticed that the vibes are becomming less noticeable. You may only take real notice of the buzzing (the whole bike does it) if you are doing extended freeway time. And if that is what you're after than I think you may have the wrong bike:( I looked at the new F700GS bike today and I literally almost bought it on the spot. The only reason I didn't is family. I ride my sert alone, I ride my mtb and road bikes alone. I work alone (if you call it work:) so I try to spend every free minute raising my boys and kissing my wife.
Anyway, the F700 imop is a sweet little slab bike. cheap, nice power, cheap, BMW....... I likey!

kdennan screwed with this post 03-26-2013 at 03:09 PM
kdennan is offline   Reply With Quote