View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #86
RFlagg42
One hoopy frood....

Oddometer: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
well they get great mileage on the pavement for that guy.
geez i think he went straight down the hiway the whole time.

he should just get a pure street tire next time.
just use pilot roads or even marathons and stop with the image of riding with ADV tires that looks like you could go off-road.

would love to hear more from those who ride this tire off-road and how these tires corner when pushed in the dirt.

anyone can put on a new tire and say they work great on the pavement.
seems people see these tires and think wow what a great street tire.
maybe that was Michelin's plan the whole time.
Look, I was just throwing the info out there as a data point that some here may be interested in.

I would argue that a 90/10 tire is a street tire. The fact of the matter is most people who own bikes that this tire is being marketed towards, ride most of their miles on pavement and ARE concerned with how many miles they are going to get before having to get new tires. The reason to get a 90/10 tire is because you would also like the tire to get reasonable traction and have reasonable turning ability when you do go off road. Having said that, I am going to choose the 90/10 tire that gives me the most confidence off road which is why I preferred Anakee 2s over Tourances.

If your primary concern is off road handling, and you don't care how many miles you are going to get out of it, then I suspect there are much better tires out there for you than the Anakee 3.

2015 LD Rally Season: Iron Butt Rally (29 Jun - 10 Jul)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. - Unknown
"As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly." - Proverbs 26:11
RFlagg42 is offline   Reply With Quote