View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 03:26 AM   #213
Halen
Suerte O Muerte

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriden View Post
We've got a couple of R1000SS riders in the Houston BMW club. There are also a few STs and K1300S. Meetings are at 7pm at Spagetti Western on Shepherd the second Thursday of each month. If you're interested in long haul riding, some of our guys go to Alaska via Key West.

SS1000 on a sport bike? One idea is to ride to Boerne and make the run from there to El Paso and back. Just over 1K with 900 miles at an 80 MPH speed limit.

m
The timing was perfect when I bought my S1000rr as it two days before the March meeting for the Houston BMW Club. I actually met a member the day I was picking up my bike. He suggested I attend the meeting which I did. Unfortunately I arrived a bit late and did not get a chance to meet many people. I look forward to meeting more riders in future meetings.

As for my first SS1000 I'm considering a Louisiana/Texas loop (Google Maps link): http://goo.gl/maps/m8A7P

I like the idea of possibly doing an El Paso run as well. Like you mentioned it would be very quick at Highway speeds.

As for Alaska via Key West, that would be a serious adventure via an S1000rr!
Halen is offline   Reply With Quote