View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #110
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
But making up your own rules is ok?

Most folks will consider both types of behavior unacceptable. Were a small minority with a bad image and reputation, I fail to see the wisdom of sending contradictory messages.

Most danger is perceived not actual,
When riding your bicycle, you dont like it when someone makes a pass you perceive as dangerous and illegal, labeling them as "idiots", yet you feel its ok to make an illegal lane splitting pass that is perceived as dangerous.

Whats that make you in their opinion?

Just saying,
I ride my bicycle in stopped traffic the same way I ride a MC. I'm either going up the side if there's enough room, or the middle if there's not. Typically there's more room in the middle than on the side of the road so that's where I end up. Safer up the middle too. No one's going to try and turn right into a driveway without looking from the left lane.

So, as I've pointed out in other threads: riding bicycles and riding MCs are essentially the same thing.

Lest you think I'm going balls-out, I'm not. Even in CA I'd be making forward progress at 5-10mph faster than traffic. I had to keep an eye on my mirrors 'cause there were people sharing lanes faster than I wanted to go. Up to and including the CHP!

M