Thread: Norra 2013
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #788
az45
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
I probably donít use enough smiley faces in my posts to grease up my opinion, but my only point is that since NORRA is a vintage event said to ďHonor the pastĒ.
It seems the push to make it more rally is from the modern bike rider(s). Iím not worried about getting lost, as long as I donít have to reset the GPS it wont be a big deal. Iím sure they will dumb it down for the ďLazy car guysĒ.

I say if the modern bike guys need more of a challenge, let them road book it. The vintage car guys are having enough fun already. Small, seemingly insignificant changes many times turn into big changes, which is why I will argue against it.

On a side note, Iím really looking forward to racing against the BFG Blazer in a re-match of the 1978 B1k. My car and the Blazer finished 1-2 OA with a 5-1/2 minute gap. Both cars have been restored to their original configuration, so it should pretty cool racing them again 35 years later.

Are there any vintage bikes being restored to race that actually raced in the 70ís or 80ís? Iíd think there are some of LRís, Hamelís or Ashcraftís old bikes around that would truly honor the past heroís and 2 wheeled iron of Baja.

I have a 74 WR400 in the garage; all it needs is a roll chart, a jug of water and a 12 pack of Championís.