Thread: Norra 2013
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #789
Strong Bad OP
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by az45 View Post

On a side note, I’m really looking forward to racing against the BFG Blazer in a re-match of the 1978 B1k. My car and the Blazer finished 1-2 OA with a 5-1/2 minute gap. Both cars have been restored to their original configuration, so it should pretty cool racing them again 35 years later.
Not to sure about who will drive the Blazer when. Don Adams, Malcolm Smith, Cam Theriot and Kash Vessels will be the drivers. Don is almost too old to consider, Cam wants a throttle restrictor for Malcolm because the last time Malcolm drove Cam's class 1 car he rolled it, Cam won't go fast in that car (he all but said so), so that leaves Kash to drive it like it should be driven. Also the rebuild on the motor was a very mild "pump gas" build with only 425 hp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by az45 View Post
Are there any vintage bikes being restored to race that actually raced in the 70’s or 80’s? I’d think there are some of LR’s, Hamel’s or Ashcraft’s old bikes around that would truly honor the past hero’s and 2 wheeled iron of Baja.

I have a 74 WR400 in the garage; all it needs is a roll chart, a jug of water and a 12 pack of Champion’s.
The problem with the vintage bikes is that the young guys won't ride a bike that is that harsh and ill handling, and us old guys are not in good enough shape any longer to be able to hold on for that long.