View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 12:28 AM   #12997
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosanator View Post
Not sure if this the right place but, I have been looking for a thread for noobs to introduce themselves to the site and can't find one.
So I am in Australia (Down near the Snowies of NSW) - Check.
I am riding a DR650 - Check
So here I am!

Recently returned to riding after a 30 year spell - Cars, girls, Wife, Kid, Home Loan all got in the way. But the girls don't seem interested any more, the home loan is finished and the wife gave me permission!!!
So I am back on two wheels.

Just replaced the trail (death) wings with a Pirelli MT21 up front and a Mitas E07 on the back after reading sooooo many threads on here. Haven't tried them yet, but anything has to be better than the wings.
Terrible tyres + rusty rider = big bruises and scratches OUCH .

Great to be here - can't believe the knowledge and assistance available.
I guess I'm not too much of a noob here anymore to say welcome. on behalf of this august bunch.

Local DR discussion happens here, but closer to home and bike agnostic happens here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...8#post21051888

I just got the OK from the doc to get back on the bike, with constraints, after some knee surgery, so I'm keen to get riding again too. I'm east of Cooma. Might even get out later this weekend.

There is a mob on the ACT thread that goes out mid week every week or so for a ride if that helps.