View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 04:00 AM   #1696
Trane Francks
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post
Trane Francks: "In becoming self-aware and striving to patiently overcome our demons, we bootstrap serendipity to deliver unto us opportunities that will necessarily change our lives. We may not be Einsteins, but we each have the capacity to rise to our ultimate potential. It is up to each of us to step up and take on that challenge."
Perfectly stated. Thanks for the contribution. (Jealous--I wish I was still on page 48, too--enjoy the rest of the ride!)
Nearly 14 hours after you wrote this, I find myself at the end of the voyage. Beautiful and poignant photos of your lady being put away. Loved to see you get to COTA! And that sinking feeling as I saw her on her side on the street .... *sigh*

And then there's the photo of the girl with you in Death Valley. She looked so much like Jun (the one I let get away) that it took my breath away. Thought I was over her -- it's been over a decade. Apparently not.

The things we learn about ourselves at the damnedest of times. Thank you for that.

Trane Francks screwed with this post 03-28-2013 at 04:08 AM Reason: Typo correction. What else?
Trane Francks is offline   Reply With Quote