View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #1699
Trane Francks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenZvan View Post
I can tell you the reason I haven't done any cosplay. I'm a perfectionist and I don't feel I could do justice to it. Donning the costume of a well-known and well-loved or -hated character and walking into a room full of fanatics feels like inviting criticism.
Ben, I won't say that your reasons are wrong -- they're your reasons -- but I just wanted to throw this out there: When one bases one's actions on the praises and criticisms of others, it amounts to being inauthentic with Self. It is disempowering and puts one in a victim role.

True perfection is not found in the outcome. It is found in the journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHero
Glad you made it.
Thanks, man. After nearly 22 years in Japan, I'm ready for my journey to take a new turn. Your RR and those of the others here remind me of just how much of North America I haven't seen. I used to say "you can never go home", but I think that was just me making excuses to run away from myself. I do things differently now. I'd be seeing home with entirely different eyes and methodologies.

Riding the TCAT (and TAT) are now priorities. I'm a bush-baby at heart, but working in tech has had me in cities pretty much all my adult life. It won't be much longer, though, before (as with you) a laptop and a 'net connection will be all I need to run my businesses. Once that happens, I'll be out of excuses.

Quote:
Hope you find your next Jun....she's out there!
My wife would probably prefer that I get over it already. In the meantime, it's worth exploring why I had the reaction I did and then put those findings to work in my marriage. It's bound to make things even better than they are.

Trane Francks screwed with this post 03-28-2013 at 01:46 PM
Trane Francks is offline   Reply With Quote