View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #39
Disco Dean OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,155
Still waiting for the wheels but have ridden with the 19x17 inch oem set.

It is cold here so I haven't pushed it yet - and of course it is just seat of the pants - but it feels great.

Overal all, tighter in the bars - that is where I really feel it. It has actually seemed to help the Scout front tire from feeling as vague. So all I can say is it really does seem to help quite a bit. Much more instand input kind of thing.

It is going to be warmer tomorrow and I plan on a good long ride along many roads I am very familiar with - so a better comparison will be in order.

So far - much improved and much tighter feeling front end. I did also replace the orbital bearings in the front triple clamp but do not really think they needed it and do not think that has contributed as much to the front end feel.

Interesting when I did replace the top clamp and the bottom clamp supported the forks completely - how much movement is in even the new clamp - I cannot imagine (as I did not test this before on the old one) how bad that would have been. It really highlights the stress here and how much the new clamp is helping.

I get my new rims next week now....

As your attorney, I advise you to buy a motorcycle. How else can we cover a thing like this righteously?
Disco Dean is offline   Reply With Quote