View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #109
PSchrauber
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
That Bultaco looks like a street going Bultaco with a homemade copy of an Astro paintjob.
Thats what I did on my 72 200 Sherpa S back in the day,I wanted an Astro so bad I found an Astro seat,then painted my tank to match the seat and Voilah! I had a 200 Astro.

Im always interested in Bultaco stuff,I'll check out those books.

The coolest thing Ive found recently is a 1976 Montesa 250 Enduro,it runs great and is 90% restored needing only paint on the tank and the proper seat cover,It was a deal and I had to move fast to snag it.
I don't know if the bike shown in the picture is a real Astro or not, as I have seen in pictures the first Astro in 1971 360cc came out with front brakes, the later Atros came out without brakes as you don't need them when used for flat track. But in Europe nobody did and does flat track we do Speedway and Ice Speedway. Speedway machines are much different to flat trackers.

So what other purpuse could a Astro in Europe be used then riding on the road ... ? Anyway, the very few bikes sold in Spain in 1976 where fitted with a front brake but as mentioned the bike did not sell, so pictures even back then should be rare how easy will it be to find some nowadays ...

In fact the Pursangs and Sherpa T models are much more "famos" for the brand itself as they where frequently winners in word cup competitions, the Sherpa T is btw. still the bike with the most winning titels in trials.
PSchrauber is offline   Reply With Quote