View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 03:22 AM   #8
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 22,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBo1 View Post
I think he's testing the new HRC Dakar bike, the CRE450FR, but in 500 form to fly under the radar. "Factory Rally" based on the old two stroke CRE500, but will be sleeved down for the Dakar. They couldn't get a genuine HRC team rider to do it because that would be too obvious. It'll look like a home made, old clunker with a big tank and a few stickers but will be full on factory under the disguise. I'm not sure whether it'll get the oval piston technology that was shelved a couple of decades or so ago - that's likely to wait for the 450 version.
That's exactly it.

He's chasing the overall position rather than just the 450 class position. His reasoning is that the 500 private bikes are closer to the factory 450's of KTM and Speedbrain than anyone is able to get the private 450's. He feels the factory guys have a good 20kph or so over the privateers and he wants to make some of that back up. I am not sure he is doing every world championship round so the 450 points don't completely matter to him. He wants speed and power and the Jolly bike is a 499cc that should start getting him that speed and power.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote