Thread: Is Mexico Safe?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 08:49 AM   #14898
bingo43
ĦQue Viva!

Oddometer: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
Agreed. I lived there 2 summers ago for 5 months.
Awesome town for culture and there is a ton of dirt riding to the east in the mtns. One was called the Royal Road and was dated back to the Spanish silver supply chain. The restaurant above the bridge in town is great and cheap. You'll see people up there as you walk under.
Thanks for the tip. I'm going to start a ride report soon and I'm thinking about calling it "Por Lo Menos Dos". At least two. Based on some things Trice said...I'd like to take my son through Mexico, but really take some time to see some stuff. Like Real de Catorce en caballo. But I thought of spending at least two days in an area. The last time I went down we made it all the way to belize and guatemala. A blast and Guatemala was my favorite part...but this time I'd like to spend at least two days in each place. If a place is good enough to go to...why not drop the paniers and strap on a backpack and just go explore for an extra day. So I've been planing some first days and then the extra days. One is Real de Catorce. Another is Leon. My brother's inlaws live there. If we drop the paniers...the next day we explore all the roads around Dolores Hidalgo, San Miguel de Allende and Guanajuato. Then on towards the south...wherever that might lead us.
bingo43 is offline   Reply With Quote