View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #619
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 73,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
Link

What a dishrag statement by Horner. He essentially gives Vettel the pass that Webber said he would get, green lights disobeying team orders where they conflict with driver's best interests, and undermines his own management in the team. While he may be right in that their highly competitive nature can cloud their team thinking, what a poor management statement to make.

There you go Mark Webber, your team manager is essentially calling you a submissive douche bag for not having turned the wick back up and fought back to pass Vettel for the remaining laps.
I don't make much of it. They're spanking him behind the scenes and praising him to the media. Good people management, seems to me. I would think it was humiliating for Vettel to be forced to apologize to the entire team in person. That's a better punishment than a fine. They were never going to suspend him. This is probably he best they can do, given the circumstances.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote