View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #228
chabon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286

Breakfast in front of the 'hotel'. Sleep in today, didn't meet up for breakfast until 0700. Town is still asleep.

IMGP2596.JPG by DDMcGinnis, on Flickr

Original owner (?), somewhere along our route today...

IMGP2598.JPG by DDMcGinnis, on Flickr

IMGP2602.JPG by DDMcGinnis, on Flickr

Mike had the shrimp followed by OYSTERS. Brave man.

IMGP2610.JPG by DDMcGinnis, on Flickr

I had the coconut shrimp, pretty good.

IMGP2611.JPG by DDMcGinnis, on Flickr

The scene of the crime. Desk clerk wrote one deposit slip for the key (100 pesos) and one slip for the remote (250 pesos). In the confusion of the lobby she made the $250peso slip disappear and in the morning pretended she never wrote it up, she knew. I would ask you to avoid the Malibu Motel in Guaymas because of the corrupt staff. The motel itself was okay.

IMGP2613.JPG by DDMcGinnis, on Flickr

In the morning it was more slab to Sonoyta. Here is a big bug made out of a VW bug

IMGP2614.JPG by DDMcGinnis, on Flickr

The only other time we got 'seperated' for a bit was here. I sat at the Pemex while the boys went back to look for Ken. We had waited here and he was waiting in town. We found each other and continued on. Somewhere along the route we stopped for gas and a snack. Mike and Burt opened a can of sardines. I had to move upwind. They had a powerful smell about them.

IMGP2620.JPG by DDMcGinnis, on Flickr

Our hotel in Sonoyto. Sketchy border town but we pretty much had to stay here. The place to export the bikes used to be located about 20 miles south of the border. When I entered Mexico the Customs guy told me to export bike 10 kilometers south of border so I figured we were good. Well, when we stopped at the location as we came north they told us the export location was back in Caborca now, 150 miles south!!! We weren't going back and would now have to cross at San Luis Colorado, no big deal, we would leave Mexico tomorrows.

IMGP2623.JPG by DDMcGinnis, on Flickr

IMGP2621.JPG by DDMcGinnis, on Flickr

Last chance for cactus and some sort of meat.

IMGP2628.JPG by DDMcGinnis, on Flickr

Small bathroom, but they had great water pressure and hot water. (and a toilet seat!)

IMGP2631.JPG by DDMcGinnis, on Flickr

Ken had to fix the curtain after he hung his gear here and it all came tumbling down

IMGP2630.JPG by DDMcGinnis, on Flickr

Mike skipped dinner, we wasn't feeling good. I walked down to the Subway and got him a sandwich. It was further than I thought and the night people were out. I crossed the road a couple times to avoid some of the people, looked like some huffers and meth heads were out. Mike couldn't hold down the sandwich and we just hoped he would be okay until he got home sometime tomorrow.....could it be the oysters?????

Chabón - F650 Funduro - WR250X

chabon screwed with this post 03-29-2013 at 08:46 PM
chabon is offline   Reply With Quote