View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 06:23 PM   #64
Alcan Rider
Frozen Fossil

Oddometer: 3,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by partireper.it View Post
Weather is treating well so far, tomorrow fort nelson and the day after whitehourse......
Fort Nelson today? Friday?

Next will be Steamboat, with higher elevations and a chance of snow on the surface, then Summit, and it's all downhill from there (figuratively speaking only).

Once out of the mountains north of Muncho Lake, it is quite often warmer this time of year. That can be good, or... it could mean snow, as often happens when warm, moist air mixes it up with the colder, lower layer. Keep your fingers crossed.

Here in Alaska, the Alcan is looking good, but the Tok Cut-Off (southwest from Tok toward Anchorage) has quite a bit of snowpack south of Mentasta Pass, but that is melting rapidly and can be handled with just a bit of caution. Predictions are for temperatures to get above freezing during the day for the next few days, although it is still getting near, or below 0 F at night.

Ride safe!
Haul Road Primer
Alcan Rider is offline   Reply With Quote